Final Sunrise Forums
November 19, 2017, 02:54:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ideas of improvements and bug reports  (Read 8530 times)
s0lar1x
The Lazy One
Administrator
Mercenary

WWW Email
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »

Well, here's the general gist of this forum area.

You can either represent ideas how to improve the website or forum, or report a bug in the site coding or missing pages. And please do post the new findings or ideas on their own topics, not on the existing ones. I will get onto fixing them asap and post reply/lock the topics as they are fixed.

Thank you.

A reminder to all: if your post is deleted, it's not a good idea to re-post it with an idiotic inquiry as to who might've done such a thing.
Raserith

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:39:09 PM »

make the reply button easier to find.... i have to use quote then delete everything )_)
also, put the place on http://furry.wikia.com
s0lar1x
The Lazy One
Administrator
Mercenary

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 09:18:15 AM »

Ah, you can find the reply button just below the latest post or the quick reply form little lower from that... Guess I could make it visible instead of needing to expand it first.

A reminder to all: if your post is deleted, it's not a good idea to re-post it with an idiotic inquiry as to who might've done such a thing.
Raserith

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »

thanks for that, i would put it next to the quote button on every post (see newgrounds.com bbs)
also, you should make regular updates.
nothing too ambitious, just a page a week or even a month.

going off topic for a sec, what do you think of my sig?
s0lar1x
The Lazy One
Administrator
Mercenary

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »

Well, the reply button will remain where it is for now, until I or someone else here knows how to edit things a bit more. As for the updates, I have at least three pages in progress, if I just had the time to finish them. The thing known as RL tends to throw in some interference, so...

Hmm, your signature is little... violent? o_O

bormoth

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »

making fair good captcha would be good too. This would be no problem for spam bots.
this site may help.
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/10/captcha-effectiveness.html
bormoth

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »

not sure but all links except commissions on http://www.finalsunrise.net/en.php?s=gallery
lead to the same page .
  There also no registration link for gallery if am i right http://www.finalsunrise.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup
and account for forum doesn' work.
s0lar1x
The Lazy One
Administrator
Mercenary

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »

I haven't set up the other galleries on my site yet, been lacking time to do that... Same thing with that old gallery system, been thinking of upgrading or deleting it.

As for gallery accounts, I haven't allowed registration for there for long time since the spam bot incident and few trolls causing trouble back then.

bormoth

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »

I haven't set up the other galleries on my site yet, been lacking time to do that... Same thing with that old gallery system, been thinking of upgrading or deleting it.

As for gallery accounts, I haven't allowed registration for there for long time since the spam bot incident and few trolls causing trouble back then.
It would be good idea just separate your gallery by groups and just link to groups from your site.
Also It could play good measure, if requests would maked for forum accounts, when loging into the gallery. This way it would not only make your life easier by developing good enough protection only for one source, but wouldn't put stress on users by 1 more registration.(current forum protection requires admin aproval he-he, so good enough protection for now)
As for trolls  Angry there only 2 ways of dealing with them post ranking system(post get deleted after some negative rank),
or just by ignoring them.Preverb says "Don't feed the trolls". Numerous experiments prooved that other methods beeing nearly uneffective.
Also while was posting this post found your post system too overburdened.
  Loved preformated text option.
  There would hardly need for strikethrough text,flash,ftp,and e-mail insertion,table options,same goes for code. Hide em into additional options.
  Completely no need for marque(annoying one option),glow, shadow effects.
I quite understand that this wouldn't top priority list I just sugguest it for future reference as user.
s0lar1x
The Lazy One
Administrator
Mercenary

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »

I'm not sure how to do all that, and even if I could... I don't have enough free time left nowadays. So things will pretty much remain on 'pause' until my job eases up on workload. :/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.14 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC XHTML | CSS